Thursday, October 2, 2014

Whiny Whiny Rhino by McBoop Review


Book Synopsis:

Can Tiny Tiny Rhino have a fun day?
Or will all of his whining get in the way?

If you've ever been worried to try something new,
then Whiny Whiny Rhino is the book for you!

The story’s message is like the Mark Twain quote, “I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” We all get apprehensive when encountering new experiences and this often leads us to avoid ever trying anything new. Just having a little courage to try new things can often lead to a much more exciting and enriching life.

Author's Bio:

McBoop is the creative team of Carmin Iadonisi & Amanda Iadonisi-Word. This father-daughter duo co-wrote and illustrated Whiny Whiny Rhino. They currently live in New England where they enjoy making art, reading comics, playing board games, eating fancy chocolate and whining about the weather.

Connect with them here:


Where to buy the book:


My Review:
This is a really nice book for kids. The graphics were really cute and vibrant. I liked the lesson that it taught as well. I like when a kids book talks about emotions, especially ones that are hard to express. Being afraid or timid is often hard for anyone to talk about, and it is a bonus to get kids to open up. It is also a plus when kids are willing to try new things and not be afraid. There is a fine line between being care free and afraid though, What I liked about the end of the book was that the rhino was still cautious. Kids get the message that it is okay to try new things, but it is also okay to be afraid sometimes. I really liked the great pictures and I am going to do a search and find objects game with my niece! I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review, gad to hear you enjoyed the message of the story!

    ReplyDelete