Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I’m Proud To Be Blogger Prompt #BehindTheBlogger


When I first saw this post I knew exactly what I was going to write about. I’m Proud To Be an American!

 

My Great uncle Attilio fought in World War II and was a Prisoner of War. He was captured during the Battle of The Bulge. He was kept at Stalag 9B. He was a Private and was in the camp for 147 days. He was captured at age 32. 3 years younger then I am now. During this time my grandfather and other uncles were also fighting in the war. They were sent home and that is how my parents were born and how I was born. Without them I would not be here. I would not have the freedom to do what I want. I can remember the gun salute at his funeral and all the times we drove to Maryland to visit him. He was a great man and I respected him greatly. I still do. I have pride in my Country because I know the sacrifices that soldiers make to protect us. The Fourth of July is not about fireworks or picnics. It is about being together with our family and celebrating that we are free. Free to have a picnic and free to set off fireworks. God Bless our troops and God Bless my Country. I’m Proud To Be an American!


#BehindTheBlogger Sidebar Button
Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.  Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!

1 comment: